TUESDAY TOGETHER | 6-29-2021
- Experience your thoughts and feelings – you have a right to whatever you feel.
- Talk about your thoughts and feelings – find someone safe with whom you can share how this has affected you.
- Take care of yourself – eat, exercise, don’t self-medicate.
- Take time – don’t rush yourself, be patient (including with you).
- Have empathy – including for yourself.
- Moderate your news intake – you may need a break.
- Seek support – you are not in this alone. We are in this together.
- Like the pandemic, this trauma is both corporate and personal.
- Like the pandemic, this all takes a toll on each of us and all of us together.
- Like the pandemic, religious platitudes can often be the opposite of helpful.
- Since Thursday morning, what has this been like for you?
- What has this arisen in you personally?
- What has it done in your church community?
- How do you frame this with your faith?
- PCUSA through PDA, FLAPDAN, and the Presbytery all have resources on trauma.
- There are learning opportunities we can undertake corporately.
- The Board of Pensions continues to offer the Employee Assistance Plan as part of coverage, people are available 24/7.
- What resources could help you?
- How might continued engagement help us all?