Discipleship Minister of Emerging Family Ministries
First Miami is looking for an individual with strong personal depth and spiritual grounding that can build a thriving children’s ministry as the church grows to meet the needs of many young families in a culturally diverse setting.
The Discipleship Minister of Emerging Family Ministries will:
- Provide long-term vision and infrastructure for sustainable children’s and youth ministries that develop children into lifelong disciples of Jesus.’
- Lead and equip a team of children’s ministry volunteers who share ownership of the ministry.
Shape content and programs to give children and families the knowledge, skills, and experiences they need to love God and love others.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of children’s ministry experience, preferably in a large, urban church
- Training and experience working with children who have special needs and their families
- Bilingual (Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred)
Applicant must have an attitude of service and live a lifestyle consistent with the mission and goals of Sunset Presbyterian Church. Keyboard/piano skills required. Choir direction experience preferred. Organ skill helpful. Other instruments such as guitar helpful. Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred, but not required. Willingness to mix musical styles (such as traditional and contemporary, electric guitar with piano) required. Demonstrated familiarity and versatility with classical music, traditional hymns and older contemporary Christian music (1970s to 1990s) required. Familiarity with newer contemporary music helpful.
Contact: Rev. Dr. Brice Rogers